The Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute is Now Open for Applications!
Deadline for applications and auditions: May 17, 2021
This is a virtual Summer program, offered by the VSO
The VSOI Young Musicians Program is a new addition this year designed for dedicated, motivated intermediate and advanced high school instrumentalists looking to improve their skills, deepen their experience with music, and spend time with other like-minded students in a virtual summer music camp setting. Includes:
- Mentorship from our talented faculty of VSO musicians and VSO School of Music faculty.
- A series of Performance Fundamentals classes and masterclasses for each instrument focusing on helping you further develop your skills on your instrument.
- An exciting line-up of interactive webinars and activities on a variety of topics including music listening, practicing, creativity, wellness, and making music a key part of your life now and in the future.
- A virtual orchestra and concert band ensemble experience focusing on performance, creation, and guided collaborative composition, featuring composer Alex Shapiro’s exciting program, Putting the E in E-nsemble.
- Opportunities to observe masterclasses in the Professional Training Program.
- Private lesson with VSOI faculty
- Full Access to the VSO’s digital concert hall, TheConcertHall.ca, and virtual learning zone, The Music Room (including the full season of VSO performances)
Limited scholarships available.
Students can expect between 1 and 3 hours of programming on most days during the two-week timeframe. Schedules will take into account the time zones of where our students are located to encourage the participation of our international applicants.
|Premier Education Partner||Community Engagement Partner|
|With Generous Support From:||In Partnership With:|
|Youth Development and Engagement|
programs such as the VSO Institute are
made possible by the generosity of the
WILLIAM AND IRENE MCEWEN FUND
|With support from the|
PETER AND MARY BRUNOLD AWARD FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF CLASSICAL MUSIC MAKING