Chamber ensemble auditions for the 2021/2022 school year will be conducted virtually. Please carefully read the guidelines below before filling out the application form. Applications must be received no later than Friday, July 30, 2021 at 11:59pm PST.
Video Audition Requirements
- 2 Scales
- 1 Piece
- Video must clearly show the applicant performing the requested material.
- Recording/performance of requested materials must be done in a single take, with no cuts or edits.
- Video must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, or Google Drive. Please ensure that the privacy settings on the video allow for us to access it with the link you provide.
- Audition videos must remain active until you are contacted by the VSO School of Music with your result.
- Submission Deadline
- Friday, July, 2021 at 11:59pm PST
- Sight-Reading assessments will be conducted through Zoom on Monday, August 9, 2021. Applicants will be contacted via email during the week of August 2-6 with a Zoom link and a 30 minute login window.
- Applicants will be asked to sight-read passages of music using Zoom’s screen-sharing feature.
- *This Zoom call will be recorded for later viewing by VSO School of Music Jurors.
- If you cannot do your sight reading assessment on August 9th, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your application to set up an alternative time.
Guidelines for Skill Levels
- Applicants are expected to be able to play and read music at a level corresponding to their desired ensemble.
- The levels below are estimated and should serve as guidelines for applicants as they select their video audition materials. They will also inform our conductors as they select materials for sight-reading.
- Beginner – RCM level 2-5 OR Suzuki book 2-4
- Intermediate – RCM level 6-8 OR Suzuki book 5-7
- Advanced – RCM level 9- ARCT OR Suzuki book 7-10